Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lights

There are lights, some like tiny blue stars that flicker in the intensity of their brightness, others like burning suns radiating a golden light. Most everyone has a light. But like light pollution that shrouds the stars that hang above large cities, there is a lot of artificial light that dims the lights in all of us.

I can't see literal light.

But there is a quality that can be sensed, that any of us can sense. And sometimes it's not quite darkness, but it's like it's so hazy... like so much artificial light is going on in one's understanding of reality that it's hard for the real light, the original light to shine through.

Anyway, it's kind of pretty, seeing, or even imagining all these lights walking around the city, in the streets, across a room - like stars forever forming new patterns and constellations.

This blue planet is swimming in constellations. But there's also a lot of artificial lighting and external stimulation that kind of drains, dims and darkens the brightness of the stars within ourselves. I can see it. And so can you.

It's weird. But makes sense. If any of this makes sense.

Some shine brighter than others, and there are a few that have a very peculiar, particular quality. The weird ones. They tend to have a lot more clarity in the nature of their creative expression. But things like insecurity or external stimuli like excess entertainment tends to dim their inner twinkle lights.

I really like these people. Because they're not all hippy dippy, but down to earth and have a real human smell to the way their lights shine.

And even when they're acting like assholes, I tend to have more patience with them, because they're all just coming into their self hoods like myself. So we stumble and get distracted along the way. But it does concern me, because they're unaware or are ashamed of the very qualities that make them so rare and choose to actively dim their brightness in the presence of others.

BobbLebot's speaking BabbLebot again.

I suppose... por ejempLo, I've got a soul speaker in one corner, a weird one, but has a fuzzy clarity to his light. (Paradoxical, I know.) The source is clear, the edges are fuzzy. In another corner I know a thundercat who's a stealth weirdo. He's intensely and intelligently weird with a very humanish smell to him. His light's more amber/yellow, like a sun. Very fuzzy, warmer than it is bright at the moment.

The affect is there, but the clarity in light isn't. But I could tell that it once was. It flickers. Like a street lamp that can't make up its mind whether or not it wants to stay lit. Fluttering like butterflies or allergy-inflicted eyelashes. Eyelids? Eyelashes sounds better.

Babyface, his is such a cute and intelligent light. Can't decide what color or tones yet. It floats around like a bubble unless something catches its attention. Then it kind of stays still and glows brighter and brighter. And then dims quickly when it gets overstimulated and exhaustimicated.

Thumbprints, I suppose. Everyone has their own signature.

What's mine? Hmmmm... I dunno. Mebbe someone else can tell me. I'd like to think it's a twinkle, twinkle shiny star the bops all over the place. If I have a star inside me, it's probably one that doesn't sit still for very long. But then again, I don't know for sure. Cuz I don't have a mirror.

And there are other lights, really pure and bright. Otherworldly. And they don't smell very human - but in a good way. I suppose it's like those lights are kind of beyond the superficial fallacies that most of us go through.

But anyway, here's an example of a light that doesn't smell very human and burns very brightly. Blue-whiteish. Not quite ultraviolet.





Lights like these give me a lot of comfort in knowing there are those that don't need to be "helped" along, but just ARE. Each and every burning star.

No comments: